Tutor Peers Refund, Cancellation and Behavior Policy
- Tutorpeers users can be School Students or College Students depending on age or grade.
- Every year our system may re-assess user affiliation with a specific educational institution based on certain criteria and ask users to confirm or decline the transition.
Booking and Cancelling Sessions
- Tutors must connect their Google Calendar to allow Tutorpeers to manage their schedule conflicts. Tutors are responsible for managing their schedule conflicts if they remove Tutorpeers events from their Google Calendar.
- Tutoring sessions can be booked up to 14 days in advance.
- Scheduled sessions can be rescheduled up to 12 hours before the start without any penalty. When it is less than 12 hours before the start, rescheduling is not possible.
- For a Paid Session:
- Learners and Tutors can cancel a session free of charge up to 12 hours before the session starts.
- The Learner’s credit card is charged 12 hours before the session starts.
- If a Learner cancels the session less than 12 hours before its start or does not show up for the session (“no show”), the session will not be refunded, and the Tutor receives the payment.
- If a Tutor cancels the session less than 12 hours before its start or does not show up for a session (“no show”), Learner will be refunded automatically. Tutors are penalized by a reduction in their Tutor rating which is visible to Learners while they are selecting a Tutor.
- Learners are not penalized.
- For Unpaid/Free sessions:
- Tutors are penalized for late cancellations and no-shows by a reduction in their Tutor rating which is visible to Learners while they are selecting a Tutor.
- Learners are not penalized.
- Learners can request an instant tutoring session with Tutors who are online.
- If the Tutor confirms the session, the Learner’s credit card is charged (if it is a paid session) and the session begins.
- Instant sessions cannot be cancelled or rescheduled.
- Participants can join 5 minutes before the session begins.
- Sessions officially start at the scheduled time.
- If one participant is absent when the session has started, the platform begins a 5-minute countdown.
- No Shows:
- If the participant does not join during the 5-minute countdown, the session will be automatically terminated.
- The other participant must wait for the 5-minute countdown to complete, or this participant won’t be able to claim the payment.
- If the Learner didn’t join, the Learner will not be refunded and the Tutor will be paid.
- If the Tutor didn’t join, the Learner will be refunded.
- There are many scenarios when users might leave unexpectedly in the middle of the session (internet connection lost, power outage, closed the browser tab, etc.)
- If a participant leaves the active session, the platform begins a 5-minute countdown.
- If the participant does not reconnect during the next 5 minutes, the session will be auto-terminated.
- The platform processes all refund claims related to non-completed sessions manually, based on user appeals and session logs.
- Sessions are officially over when 30 minutes pass since the start time.
- The platform allows 5 extra minutes for participants to finish the session.
- 5-minute countdown begins at the official end of the session time.
- Sessions are automatically terminated when the timer reaches 0:00.
- Any participant can terminate the session any time by clicking the ‘Terminate session’ button. They are prompted to confirm this action.
- Any refund claims related to early session termination by a peer can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tutor Ratings & Reviews
- Learners can leave an optional review with the description of the session. Review comments are not visible to other Tutorpeers users.
- Learner reviews influence a Tutors rating which is visible to Learners when selecting a Tutor.
- Tutors and Learners are expected to be on time for tutoring sessions and treat peers with kindness and respect.
- Bullying and discrimination of any kind is strictly prohibited on Tutorpeers.
- The platform is intended to be used as a safe and positive learning environment for students to learn together. No other uses are permitted.
- Tutorpeers reserves the right to suspend or terminate user accounts at its sole discretion.
- Tutors and Learners user accounts can be suspended or terminated for repeated session cancellations or no show for sessions.
All the conditions above are subject to change as Tutorpeers introduces new functionality or improves the existing user experience.